Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Practice Test
The elementary education years help students prepare for the challenging coursework that lay ahead. Teachers play a huge part in that development. The Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Exam ensures educators understand a wide range of subject matter they’ll need to teach in the classroom. The Praxis tests, used in several states around the country, help determine whether a beginning teacher has the necessary course knowledge. The test and an outstanding guide to help candidates prepare are outlined below.
What is the fee to take the Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Exam?
The test fee is $146.
How many questions are on the test?
There are 124 selected-response and constructed-response questions on the exam.
How long do candidates have to finish the exam?
Candidates have 2 hours and 50 minutes to finish the test.
What are the categories covered on the Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Exam?
The exam has six test categories. The number of questions in each category, while noted, are approximate and can slightly change. Each category tests the candidate’s ability in curriculum, development, and assessment.
- Reading and language arts is the largest category with 37 questions, with topics that include helping students develop their writing skills and language development; critical thinking and reasoning development; using assessments to evaluate student progress; reading comprehension; text structure across genres; and helps students understand the difference between fact, opinion, and reasoned judgment.
- Math contains 31 questions. Candidates will answer questions that include algebraic thinking; geometry and measurement; data, statistics and probability; whole, natural and rational numbers; integers; techniques for comparing and counting numbers; and number theory.
- Science has 20 questions that include life, earth and space, and physical science. Subject areas include organisms and their characteristics and life cycle; astronomy; geology; healthy living; communicable disease; and substance abuse.
- Social studies contain 17 questions that test the candidate’s ability to help students process information; understand geography, history, government, anthropology and sociology; assess student knowledge in areas that include United States history and democracy at all levels of government (federal, state, local); and how culture effects interactions.
- Art, music, and physical education contains 15 questions that include helping students develop skills in musical elements that include harmony, melody and rhythm; physical education (healthy lifestyle, exercise, etc.); art principals, history of art, art criticism and aesthetics.
- Applications, which are short content essays, contain four questions that test abilities in curriculum development, instruction design and student evaluations in the areas of reading and language arts, math, science, and social studies.
What is the exam passing score?
Each state sets its own passing score, so candidates should check with their local regulatory agency.
Where can I take the test?
Candidates can take their Praxis test during certain testing windows at one of hundreds of test centers across the United States.
When will I receive my test results?
Candidates may get their results after they’ve finished their exam. Other results will be available anywhere from 10 to 16 business days after the exam or after the close of the test window.
What identification do I need on the day I take the Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Exam?
Candidates must present a valid government-issued piece of identification, like a driver’s license. Candidates must also show their test admission ticket.
Should I arrive early at the test center?
Yes, that’s best. Candidates should arrive at least 30 minutes early. Anyone who arrives late might not be allowed to take the test.
Can I bring a mobile phone into the testing room?
No. The test center prohibits most personal items, such as electronic devices and some clothing items, from the testing room.
I need excellent study materials to help me prepare. What would you suggest?
Mometrix has an excellent study guide that helps candidates prepare for the Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) Exam. Our study guide contains the tips you’ll need to ace the test, including how to navigate time limits, how to interpret questions and much more. Our flashcards offer in-depth explanations that provide a better understanding of the questions you’ll face. These are the study materials that can best prepare you.
Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications Practice Test
Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the Praxis Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.