Praxis II Early Childhood Education (5025) Practice Test
The Praxis II Early Childhood Education Exam is designed to assess the readiness of potential early childhood teachers to teach various subjects.
This exam is 2 hours in length, and includes 120 selected-response questions. It is computer delivered. Accommodations are available for individuals with conditions that meet the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
What are the topics covered?
There are 5 areas that will be assessed on this exam. The areas are:
- Language and Literacy – 30%
- Mathematics – 25%
- Social Studies– 14%
- Science – 14%
- Health and Physical Education; Creative and Performing Arts – 17%
Each topic consists of sub-topics. Study the sub-topics below to be adequately prepared for the exam.
Language and Literacy
- Foundational skills of emergent literacy
- Foundational skills of reading
- Literature and informational text
- Speaking and listening
- Foundational skills of emergent mathematics
- Whole numbers: numbers and operations
- Fractions: numbers and operations
- Algebraic thinking
- Geometry, measurement, and data
- Identity, social, and emotional development
- Culture and cultural identity
- Environments, people and places
- Chronology and analyzing historical data
- Government and civics
- Scientific inquiry
- Physical Science
- Earth and Space Science
- Life Science
- Engineering, Technology and Science Application
Health and Physical Education, Creative and Performing Arts
- Fundamentals of health
- Fundamental concepts and skills of physical education
- Purpose and functions of the Arts
- Structure and processes within the Arts
Praxis Early Childhood Education Practice Test
What is the most convenient way to register for the exam?
- Register and pay using a credit or debit card. PayPal can also be used.
- Print your admission ticket and take it to the testing site on the day of your exam.
What is the cost of the exam?
The cost of the Praxis II Early Childhood Education Exam is $120.
What are the testing dates and locations?
Starting September 1, 2018, this exam will be continuously offered throughout the year.
The test is offered at various sites throughout the world. Search for the one that is closest to your geographic location.
What should I do the day of the exam?
Bring a valid photo ID.
A calculator cannot be used for this exam. Additionally, you are not permitted to bring personal items such as a briefcase, canned beverage, or study materials.
What happens after I take the exam?
Your score will appear on the screen. You will have online access to your official score report 2-3 weeks after your test date.
What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
Do not despair. If you fail the test, you will have the opportunity to retake it once every 21 days, not including the initial test date.
As part of your study plan, invest in Mometrix’s complete study guide written by our test professionals. We know that some people learn better using a printed book, while others prefer an E-book. Understanding this, we’ve afforded you the opportunity to purchase the format that best suits your learning style.
We advise that you also acquire our exam flashcards. This will grant you an easy-to-use format for added practice.
Praxis II Early Childhood Education Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality Praxis II Early Childhood Education (5025) study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the Praxis II Early Childhood Education (5025) study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.