The Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. The test is intended for use with adult allied health program applicant populations. The HOBET V takes 3.5 hours to complete.
Content and Subcontent Areas of the HOBET V
The HOBET V exam consists of 4 sections and 170 questions. There are also an additional 20 unscored pretest items on the exam.
- Reading-48 total questions
- Paragraph and Passage Comprehension-19 questions
- Informational Source Comprehension-23 questions
- Mathematics-30 total question
- Numbers and Operations-19 questions
- Algebraic Applications-4 questions
- Data Interpretation-3 questions
- Measurement-4 questions
- Science-40 total questions
- Human Body Science-11 questions
- Life Science-15 questions
- Earth and Physical Science-14 questions
- Scientific Reasoning-8 questions
- English and Language Usage-30 total question
- Grammar and Word Meanings in Context-15 questions
- Spelling and Punctuation-9 questions
- Structure-6 questions
HOBET V Score
There is not a pass/fail score for the HOBET V exam.
HOBET V Fees
Fees for the HOBET V exam vary from school to school.