HESI A2 Practice Test
Welcome to the HESI A2 practice test page. The links below will help you take our sample HESI A2 practice test. These practice questions will give you a better idea of what to study on your exam. Good luck with your studying. If you need additional practice questions get our HESI A2 study guide and flashcards.
- HESI A2 Anatomy & Physiology Practice Test
- HESI A2 Biology Practice Test
- HESI A2 Chemistry Practice Test
- HESI A2 English Practice Test
- HESI A2 Math Practice Test
Upgrade to our best HESI A2 study guide and flashcards resource.
HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review
What is on the HESI entrance exam?
There are nine content areas on the HESI entrance exam. These areas cover specific math, science, reading skills. The HESI entrance exam also includes a Personality Profile and a Learning Style section.
What subjects are on the HESI test?
The HESI Test focuses on nine specific subjects. These are Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Basic Math Skills, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, and Physics.
How many questions are on the HESI test?
There are a total of 326 questions on the HESI entrance test.
Do you get to use a calculator on the HESI?
You are allowed to use a calculator on the HESI exam. However, you cannot bring your own. There will be a digital calculator available on-screen.
What does the HESI stand for?
The HESI stands for Health Education Systems, Inc., with A2 standing for Admission Assessment.
How many questions are in each section of the HESI A2?
Each section of the HESI A2 contains 25-50 questions. All science sections contain 25 questions, while all math and English sections contain 50 questions. The one exception is Reading Comprehension, which contains 47 questions.
How much does it cost to take the HESI?
Every school sets their own cost for taking the HESI entrance exam. You can expect to pay anywhere from $35 to $70.
What are HESI scores?
Each section on the HESI exam is individually scored. Each school sets their own passing score for the HESI exam. The minimum score for most nursing schools is 75-80% on each section.
What is the HESI A2 exam for?
The HESI A2 exam is used to test academic readiness of those who are wishing to enter nursing school.
How do you sign up for the HESI?
To sign up for the HESI entrance exam, you must have an Evolve account with Elsevier, the exam sponsor. You can create an account here: https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/
Practice For the HESI A2 the Best Way
Scoring well on the HESI A2 is crucial to being accepted for admission into nursing school. How can you prepare for this important exam in the most efficient way? The best approach is to use a variety of study materials and to verify your readiness for the test by taking HESI A2 practice tests. Mometrix Academy provides free resources to assist you in this endeavor. The links above give you access to practice test study guides that cover all the subjects included on the HESI: Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, English, and Math. You can also take free practice tests. A HESI A2 practice test will assess your knowledge and skills and provide an indication of how prepared you are for the actual HESI A2 test. A practice test will also reveal any areas that need further study and understanding. To ensure the most effective use of your time, take the HESI A2 practice test for the first time and indicate next to each question which of the following statements is true.
- I confidently knew the correct answer
- I chose the correct answer but was unsure of my choice
- I had no idea which option was the correct answer
Asking yourself these questions will help you determine your areas of strength and weakness so that you can wisely focus your study time on the areas that need the most work. Obviously, the questions that you answered correctly don’t require a lot of study; however, you will want to review this material to confirm that you have a thorough understanding of the concept. In other words, you need to know why it is the correct answer. The questions that you answered correctly but were unsure about need more time and focus. Perhaps you partially understood the topic of the question but not thoroughly. The questions that you were completely at a loss as to the correct answer are the areas that will require the most time and effort. Was the question confusing to you? Were there words that were unfamiliar to you? Don’t be discouraged about these questions! Mometrix can provide you with all the help you need to prepare and score well on the HESI A2.
HESI A2 Practice Methods
As you prepare for the HESI, you may want to use the following approach:
- Take a practice test making note of each question as outlined above. Have your HESI A2 study materials available. Don’t worry about how long it takes you this first time.
- Use the free HESI A2 study materials available to you from Mometrix Academy to gain a better understanding of the concepts you struggled with. There are links above to videos that explain all the critical concepts you need to grasp in order to score well on the HESI.
- Take another practice test trying to use your resources as little as possible.
- After taking the first two HESI A2 practice tests, take all other practice tests like it is the real HESI A2 test. Take them in a timely manner and take the test without any of your resources.
- If you need additional instruction, check out the Mometrix flashcards and study guide which includes additional practice tests. These invaluable resources include a risk-free, 1-year 100% money-back guarantee. Repetition and practice is key to adequate preparation.
Provided by: Mometrix Test Preparation
Last updated: 06/19/2018