ACCUPLACER Practice Test
Welcome to the ACCUPLACER practice test page!
Click “Start Test” below to take a free ACCUPLACER practice test!
On this page:
ACCUPLACER Practice Tests by Subject
If you need some extra practice in a specific subject, click one of the subjects below to get started on a subject-specific ACCUPLACER practice test.
ACCUPLACER Exam Outline
The ACCUPLACER is divided into the following placement tests:
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS)
- Advanced Algebra and Functions
How to Study for the ACCUPLACER
How to Study Effectively
Your success on ACCUPLACER test day depends not only on how many hours you put into preparing but also on whether you prepared the right way. It’s good to check along the way to see whether your studying is paying off. One of the most effective ways to do this is by taking ACCUPLACER practice tests to evaluate your progress. Practice tests are useful because they show exactly where you need to improve. Every time you take a free ACCUPLACER exam practice test, pay special attention to these three groups of questions:
- The questions you got wrong
- The ones you had to guess on, even if you guessed right
- The ones you found difficult or slow to work through
This will show you exactly what your weak areas are and where you need to devote more study time. Ask yourself why each of these questions gave you trouble. Was it because you didn’t understand the material? Was it because you didn’t remember the vocabulary? Do you need more repetitions on this type of question to build speed and confidence? Dig into those questions and figure out how you can strengthen your weak areas as you go back to review the material.
Additionally, many ACCUPLACER practice tests have a section explaining the answer choices. It can be tempting to read the explanation and think that you now have a good understanding of the concept. However, an explanation likely only covers part of the question’s broader context. Even if the explanation makes sense, go back and investigate every concept related to the question until you’re positive you have a thorough understanding.
Comprehend Each Topic
As you go along, keep in mind that the ACCUPLACER practice test is just that: practice. Memorizing these questions and answers will not be very helpful on the actual test because it is unlikely to have any of the same exact questions. If you only know the right answers to the sample questions, you won’t be prepared for the real thing. Study the concepts until you understand them fully, and then you’ll be able to answer any question that shows up on the test.
Strategy for ACCUPLACER Practice
When you’re ready to start taking practice tests, follow this strategy:
- Remove Limitations. Take the first test with no time constraints and with your notes and ACCUPLACER study guide handy. Take your time and focus on applying the strategies you’ve learned.
- Time Yourself. Take the second practice test “open book” as well, but set a timer and practice pacing yourself to finish in time.
- Simulate Test Day. Take any other practice tests as if it were test day. Set a timer and put away your study materials. Sit at a table or desk in a quiet room, imagine yourself at the testing center, and answer questions as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Keep Practicing. Keep taking practice tests on a regular basis until you run out of practice tests or it’s time for the actual test. Your mind will be ready for the schedule and stress of test day, and you’ll be able to focus on recalling the material you’ve learned.
Online ACCUPLACER Test Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online ACCUPLACER Test Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The ACCUPLACER Course includes:
- 61 Review Lessons Covering Every Topic
- 850+ ACCUPLACER Practice Questions
- Over 200 Video Tutorials
- More than 550 Electronic Flashcards
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The ACCUPLACER Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their ACCUPLACER exam. Click below to check it out!
Check out Mometrix's ACCUPLACER Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
What is on the ACCUPLACER?
There are six sections on the ACCUPLACER exam: Arithmetic, College-Level Math, Elementary Algebra, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills, and a written essay.
Can you fail a placement test for college?
No, you cannot fail a placement test. However, a placement test will determine what courses you will need to be placed in when you begin college classes.
Are you allowed to use a calculator on the ACCUPLACER?
You are allowed to use a calculator on the ACCUPLACER. However, you are not permitted to bring your own personal calculator. There will be an on-screen calculator provided for you.
How long does it take to do the ACCUPLACER test?
The ACCUPLACER is an untimed exam. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable to you.
Is the ACCUPLACER multiple choice?
The ACCUPLACER is a multiple-choice test. The numbers of questions on the ACCUPLACER vary depending on which ACCUPLACER you are taking. There could be as few as 12 questions or as many as 40 questions.
What is ACCUPLACER test for?
The ACCUPLACER exam uses your scores to help place you where you would be most likely to thrive in college, assessing which classes would be best for you.
How many questions are on the ACCUPLACER math test?
There are three different ACCUPLACER math tests and each contains 20 questions.
What does ACCUPLACER test stand for?
ACCUPLACER does not stand for anything, but is a mix of the words accurate and placer. This is because the test aims to accurately place students in college classes they would thrive in.