ASVAB Practice Test
Welcome to the ASVAB practice test page.
The links below will help you take our sample ASVAB practice test. These ASVAB practice questions will give you a better idea of what to study on your exam.
If you need additional practice questions get our ASVAB study guide and flashcards.
Good luck with your studying.
- ASVAB Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test
- ASVAB General Science Practice Test
- ASVAB Mathematics Knowledge Practice Test
- ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test
- ASVAB Paragraph Comprehension Practice Test
- ASVAB Word Knowledge Practice Test
Upgrade to our best ASVAB study guide and flashcards resource.
ASVAB Practice the Right Way
Your success on ASVAB test day depends not only on how many hours you put into preparing, but also on whether you prepared the right way. It’s good to check along the way to see whether your studying is paying off. One of the most effective ways to do this is by taking ASVAB practice tests to evaluate your progress. Practice tests are useful because they show exactly where you need to improve. Every time you take a ASVAB practice test, pay special attention to these three groups of questions:
- The ASVAB questions you got wrong
- The ones you had to guess on, even if you guessed right
- The ones you found difficult or slow to work through
This will show you exactly what your weak areas are, and where you need to devote more study time. Ask yourself why each of these questions gave you trouble. Was it because you didn’t understand the material? Was it because you didn’t remember the vocabulary? Do you need more repetitions on this type of question to build speed and confidence? Dig into those questions and figure out how you can strengthen your weak areas as you go back to review the material.
ASVAB Study Guide Questions 2018
Additionally, many ASVAB practice tests have a section explaining the answer choices. It can be tempting to read the explanation and think that you now have a good understanding of the concept. However, an explanation likely only covers part of the question’s broader context. Even if the explanation makes sense, go back and investigate every concept related to the question until you’re positive you have a thorough understanding.
As you go along, keep in mind that the ASVAB practice test is just that: practice. Memorizing these questions and answers will not be very helpful on the actual test because it is unlikely to have any of the same exact questions. If you only know the right answers to the sample questions, you won’t be prepared for the real thing. Study the concepts until you understand them fully, and then you’ll be able to answer any question that shows up on the test.
It’s important to wait on the practice tests until you’re ready. If you take a test on your first day of study, you may be overwhelmed by the amount of material covered and how much you need to learn. Work up to it gradually.
On test day, you’ll need to be prepared for answering ASVAB questions, managing your time, and using the test-taking strategies you’ve learned. It’s a lot to balance, like a mental marathon that will have a big impact on your future. But like training for a marathon, start slowly and work your way up. When the test day comes, you’ll be ready.
ASVAB Practice Test Strategy
When you’re ready to start taking practice tests, follow this strategy:
- Take the first test with no time constraints and with your notes and ASVAB study guide handy. Take your time and focus on applying the strategies you’ve learned.
- Take the second practice test “open book” as well, but set a timer and practice pacing yourself to finish in time.
- Take any other practice tests as if it were test day. Set a timer and put away your study materials. Sit at a table or desk in a quiet room, imagine yourself at the testing center, and answer questions as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Keep taking practice tests on a regular basis until you run out of practice tests or it’s time for the actual test. Your mind will be ready for the schedule and stress of test day, and you’ll be able to focus on recalling the material you’ve learned.
ASVAB Test – Home
Provided by: Mometrix Test Preparation
Last updated: 01/04/2019