NYSTCE Multi Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood Exam
The formative years are important ones for young students. That’s why New York mandates teachers take the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood. The test is for educators teaching students in grades 2 and below. The lengthy exam covers content in three key areas. This guide provides two important pieces of information: an in-depth look at what’s on the test and suggests study materials written by professionals in the test preparation field.
NYSTCE Multiple Subjects: Teachers of Early Childhood Online Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online NYSTCE Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The NYSTCE Multiple Subjects: Teachers of Early Childhood Course includes:
- 180 Lessons Covering all the Topics
- 400+ NYSTCE MS Teachers of Early Childhood Practice Questions
- Over 400 Video Tutorials
- More than 1400 Electronic Flashcards
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The NYSTCE Multiple Subjects: Teachers of Early Childhood Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their NYSTCE exam; click below to check it out.
How many subject areas are on the NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood test?
This computer-based test contains three parts: Mathematics and Literacy and English Language Arts each contain 40 selected-response and one constructed-response item. Arts and Sciences has 40 selected-response items.
Do candidates have to take all three subject area tests in the same sitting?
No. Candidates have the option of taking each subject area test individually, at different days and times.
Check Out Mometrix's NYSTCE Multi Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood Study Guide
Get practice questions, video tutorials, and detailed study lessonsGet Your Study Guide
How long do candidates have to complete the exam?
It depends on how many tests you’re taking. Candidates who take the entire exam in one sitting have 5 hours and 30 minutes to complete the test, and that includes breaks. Otherwise, candidates have 2 hours to finish Literacy and English Language Arts; 2 hours 15 minutes to complete the Math portion, and one hour to finish the Arts and Sciences portion.
What’s on the NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood test?
The exam has three parts.
Part one: Literacy and English Language Arts, contains:
- Knowledge of Literacy & Language Arts asks candidates to show their knowledge of language and literacy development and English language arts development.
- Instruction in Foundational Literacy Skills tests the ability to teach several different skills, including word recognition, vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Instruction in English Language Arts tests whether teachers can help develop several important skills, including reading and writing.
- Analysis, Synthesis, and Application is the constructed response portions of the test and includes identifying student needs and building on their strengths.
Part two: Mathematics contains:
- Numbers and Operations assess the teacher’s ability in areas that include decimals, algorithms, rational numbers, and fractions.
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking tests areas that include linear equations, functions, and ratios.
- Measurement, Geometry, and Data includes the ability to look at shapes and analyze their attributes, data and statistics.
- Instruction in Mathematics focuses on strategies teachers can use to foster math learning development.
- Analysis, Synthesis, and Application is the constructed response portion of the exam and includes strategies to understand student strengths and weaknesses
Part three: Arts and Sciences contains:
- Science and Technology, which includes data interpretation, the ability to formulate hypotheses, scientific conclusion assessments, earth science, physics, and chemistry.
- Social Studies includes the history of New York State, the United States and the World, citizenship responsibilities, and information gathering, organizing, and evaluation.
- Fine Arts, Health and Fitness, Family and Consumer Science, and Career Development includes visual art analysis, visual arts and culture, theater and dance, community health and safety, personal living skills, concepts and practices of physical fitness, child development and care, and consumer economics.
What’s the fee to take the test?
Candidates who take the exam in one sitting pay $179. Otherwise, the Literacy and English Language Arts and Mathematics tests each cost $65. The Arts and Science test costs $49.
Since there’s a math portion of the test, can I bring my own calculator when I take the exam?
No. The test has an on-screen calculator that candidates will use during the exam.
When can I take the NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood test?
The test is available Monday through Saturday, year-round, except for certain holidays.
Check Out Mometrix's NYSTCE Multi Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
Where can I take the test?
New York uses an independent test company that delivers the exam at offices throughout the state and the country.
What’s the passing score?
Candidates must score at least 520 on all three parts of the exam to pass.
When will my test score be available?
Test scores are available roughly two to six weeks after test competition of the Literacy and English Language Arts and Mathematics sections. Preliminary, unofficial results for the Arts and Sciences portion will be available at the end of the exam.
What are the best study materials I can buy?
Mometrix has the study materials you need. As you can see, there’s a lot to the NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood test. Our study guide will help you prepare by showing you how to quickly get through the questions you know and provide tips on how to guess at the right answers. Our portable flashcards are perfect for busy students or professionals. Take them with you and steal some study time by reviewing the questions that are giving you trouble. Both study tools are exactly what you need.
NYSTCE Multi Subject: Teachers of EarlFy Childhood Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free NYSTCE test resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality NYSTCE Study Guide and NYSTCE Flash Cards to take your studying to the next level. Just click the NYSTCE study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free test content for test-takers.