GACE Early Childhood Education Practice Test
The GACE Early Childhood Education Exam is for teaching grade levels P-5, and consists of two computer-delivered tests. Test 1 is made up of 75 selected-response questions and 2 constructed-response questions. You will be allotted 2 hours of testing time. Test 2 includes 75 selected-response questions. You will also be given 2 hours to complete Test 2.
Special testing accommodations are available for those who have approved conditions. This request must be made in writing.
What topics are covered on each test of this exam?
- Reading and Language Arts – 50%
- Social Studies – 25%
- Analysis (constructed-response questions) – 25%
Within the Reading and Language Arts topic, there are five objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Utilizing reading for literature and for information.
- Objective 2: Utilizing fundamental skills of literacy development, fluency, and comprehension.
- Objective 3: Utilizing the writing process.
- Objective 4: Utilizing the ability to speak, listen, and present.
- Objective 5: The development of English grammar and vocabulary.
Within the Social Studies topic, there are four objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Utilizing information processing skills.
- Objective 2: Utilizing history processes.
- Objective 3: Utilizing geography processes, and understanding the concepts associated with it.
- Objective 4: Utilizing the processes associated with government, civics, and economics.
Within the Analysis topic, there are two objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Utilizing teaching methods in ELA classrooms.
- Objective 2: Utilizing teaching methods in social studies classrooms.
- Mathematics – 53%
- Science – 30%
- Health Education, Physical Education, and the Arts – 17%
Within the Mathematics topic, there are six objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Utilizing counting and cardinality.
- Objective 2: Utilizing operations and algebraic thinking.
- Objective 3: Utilizing numbers and operations in base 10.
- Objective 4: Utilizing numbers and fractions.
- Objective 5: Utilizing measurements and data.
- Objective 6: Utilizing geometry.
Within the Science topic, there are four objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Comprehending the characteristics of science.
- Objective 2: Utilizing Earth science.
- Objective 3: Utilizing physical science.
- Objective 4: Utilizing life science.
Within the Health Education, Physical Education, and the Arts topic, there are two objectives that will be assessed.
- Objective 1: Utilizing health and physical education concepts.
- Objective 2: Utilizing ideas related to dance, music, visual arts, and theater.
How can I register for this exam?
Once you have been approved to sit for the exam, you can register online. You will be able to choose your test center and date, and pay via credit or debit card, PayPal, or eCheck. Registering by phone is also an option.
What is the cost of the exam?
For the combined test, the cost is $128. $103 is the fee for any two tests. A single test costs $78. A registration fee of $25 and $28 testing center fee are included in these amounts.
What are the testing locations?
There are many test centers throughout the state of Georgia, as well as additional testing sites in other states and internationally.
What should I do the day of the exam?
Report to the testing site 30 minutes before your scheduled exam.
Bring a valid form of identification that includes your name, signature, and photo. A passport, driver’s license, and military identification card are examples of acceptable forms of ID. You must also submit your admission ticket.
You are prohibited from bringing a calculator, as an online one will be provided for you. Personal items are also not permitted in the testing area.
What happens after I take the exam?
For Test 1, since it includes constructed-response questions, you will not receive an unofficial report immediately after taking the exam. You will receive access to your official score report on the report release date associated with your testing window.
For Test 2, you will receive an unofficial score report right after the exam. As with Test 1, your official score report will be available on the report release date associated with the testing window of the exam.
What is the passing score?
250 per test
What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
You must wait at least 30 days to re-take the exam.
Be sure to thoroughly prepare yourself for the GACE Early Childhood Education Exam by acquiring Mometrix’s all-inclusive study guide and easy-to-use flash cards.
GACE Early Childhood Education Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality GACE Early Childhood Education study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the GACE Early Childhood Education study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.