NYSTCE EAS Educating All Students Test Practice Test
The New York State Teacher Certification Examinations Educating All Students (NYSTCE EAS) is one of a group of certification exams given to prospective teachers based in New York. The examinations were created by the New York State Board of Education as a way of making sure that all teachers have the necessary skills required to be successful in the classroom.
How much does it cost to take the NYSTCE EAS exam?
The fee for the exam is $92. You may pay using a credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard only). Once you register for the exam, it is valid for one year. If you do not schedule a test appointment or take the test during this one-year period, your registration will expire, and you will not be able to receive a refund.
When is the EAS exam offered?
The exam is offered year-round, Monday through Saturday by appointment only.
Where will I be taking the exam?
You will be taking the exam at a Pearson Vue testing center located throughout the country and nationwide. You can go online to find a location that is closest to you.
How is the Educating All Students exam formatted?
The Educating All Students (EAS) exam is computer-based and consists of about 40 multiple-choice questions and 3 constructed-response questions. You will be given a total of 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete the exam. The multiple-choice questions count for 70 percent of your total score while the constructed-response questions count for 30 percent of your total score. The idea is for you to spend 10 minutes on each constructed-response question and 105 minutes on the multiple-choice questions.
NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) Practice Test
What will exam day be like?
On the day of the exam, be sure to arrive at least fifteen minutes early. After you finished registration, you should have received test confirmation information which will contain your test date, the type of test you will be taking, and your test location. You should have that information with you. You will also need to have current, government-issued photo identification with you. Personal items such as cell phones, bags, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room with you.
Bathroom breaks are permitted. However, you will not be given any additional time to complete the exam. Once you have completed the exam, you may leave.
What will the exam test me on?
The exam tests you on the following:
Multiple Choice Questions:
- Diverse Student Populations (18%) – This section of the exam tests your knowledge of performance expectations, which includes understanding the needs of all student populations. This section also tests your ability to use your knowledge of diversity within the school and community to address the needs of all students; you will be tested on performance indicators, which includes understanding strategies for engaging in self-reflection to enhance your ability to interact with students. You will also need to have knowledge of different strategies for using and adapting fair, equitable, and appropriate classroom assessment practices to inform instruction.
- English Language Learners (18%): This section of the exam tests your skills in understanding the characteristics and needs of English language learners as well as your ability to take that knowledge and use it to assist in developing students’ language and literacy skills. You will also be tested on applying knowledge of the legal rights of English Language Learners.
- Students with Disabilities and Other Special Learning Needs (18%): This section of the exam tests your ability to understand the needs of students with disabilities and other special learning needs. You will also need to understand different types of disabilities and how it affects teaching and learning associated with these differences.
- Teacher Responsibilities (8%): This section of the exam tests your ability to understand rights and responsibilities in situations that involve interactions between teachers and students, as well as parents and/or guardians, community members, etc.
- School-Home Relationships (8%): This section of the exam tests your ability to understand effective strategies for promoting positive and productive relationships as well as interactions between the school and home in an effort to enhance student learning.
- Diverse Student Populations (10%).
- English Language Learners (10%).
- Students with Disabilities and Other Special Learning Needs (10%).
What score do I need to get on the EAS exam in order to pass?
The NYSTCE EAS exam is scored on a scale of 400 to 600. In order to pass, a test taker must score at least a 520.
Will people with disabilities be accommodated?
Yes. If you are a person with a disability, there are accommodations available. You can submit an accommodations request through your account. You will be given additional instructions from there.
What if I need to reschedule my test appointment?
If you have already scheduled your appointment and need to reschedule it, you may do so through your online account. You will be given instructions from there. You must reschedule your exam appointment at least 24 hours before your exam. For those with alternative testing arrangements, in order to reschedule your exam date, you must call the number contained in the email you received that approved you for special accommodations.
What if I need to withdrawal from the exam completely?
If you need to withdraw from the exam and you haven’t actually scheduled your exam yet, you may put in a withdrawal request through your account. If you have scheduled your exam, you must cancel your exam appointment 24 hours before your scheduled exam through your account, and then put in a withdrawal request.
How can I prepare?
If you are about to take the NYSTCE EAS exam and need to study, Mometrix Test Preparation is a great resource to use. Mometrix has designed an EAS study guide and flashcards to help you effectively prepare for the exam. Our content is detailed and offers sample study questions similar to what you will find on test day. Mometrix is what you need to pass your exam.
NYSTCE EAS Educating All Students Test Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free EAS test resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality NYSTCE EAS Educating All Students Test study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the NYSTCE EAS study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.