The Quantitative Reasoning test on the GRE assesses your knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis. To help you prepare for this section of the GRE, this page contains everything you need to know, including what topics are covered, how many questions there are, and how you can study effectively.
Click “Start Test” above to take a free GRE Quantitative Reasoning practice test!
What’s on the GRE Quantitative Reasoning Test?
|Section 1||12||21 minutes|
|Section 2||15||26 minutes|
There are three types of quantitative reasoning questions.
- Quantitative Comparison: You must compare two given quantities and determine which quantity is greater (or if they are equal).
- Multiple-Choice: You must choose one or more correct answers from a list of five answer choices.
- Numeric Entry: You must enter your answer into a single box as a decimal or as an integer, or you must enter your answer as a fraction into two separate boxes.
Click below to see all of the formulas you should know:
- Arithmetic and Number Properties
- Types of Numbers
- Order of Operations: PEMDAS
- Commutative, Associative, and Distributive Properties
- Prime Numbers
- Absolute Values
- Fast Fractions
- Powers and Roots
- Simplifying Expressions
- Solving Equations
- 3-D Shapes
- Coordinate Geometry
- The Distance Formula
- Word Problems
- Distance, Rate, and Time
- Work Rate
GRE Math Practice
Online GRE Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online GRE Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The GRE Course includes:
- Review Lessons Covering Every Topic
- 450+ GRE Practice Questions
- More than 500 Digital Flashcards
- Over 230 Instructional Videos
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The GRE Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their GRE exam. Click below to check it out!
How many questions are on the exam?
There are 20 questions on each section of the GRE Quantitative Reasoning test, which means there is a total of 40 questions.
How long is the exam?
The Quantitative Reasoning test is timed at 35 minutes per section, giving you a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes to complete the test.
What is a passing score?
There is no set passing score for the Quantitative Reasoning test.
Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.