FTCE Professional Education (083) Practice Test
The FTCE Professional Education (083) exam is administered by the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) to assess prospective professional educators in the state of Florida.
Click “Start Test” below to take a free FTCE Professional Education practice test!
On this page:
Exam Outline Review
The FTCE Professional Education exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions and has a time limit of 2.5 hours.
The exam is split into eight competencies:
- Knowledge of instructional design and planning (18%)
- Knowledge of appropriate student-centered learning environments (15%)
- Knowledge of instructional delivery and facilitation through a comprehensive understanding of subject matter (18%)
- Knowledge of various types of assessment strategies for determining impact on student learning (14%)
- Knowledge of relevant continuous professional improvement (12%)
- Knowledge of the Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida (9%)
- Knowledge of research-based practices appropriate for teaching English language learners (7%)
- Knowledge of effective literacy strategies that can be applied across the curriculum to impact student learning (7%)
Check out Mometrix's Study Guide
Get practice questions, video tutorials, and detailed study lessonsGet Your Study Guide
To register for the exam, you must first create an FTCE/FELE account. Once you are logged in, select “Professional Education” as your exam. From there, you can register for the exam, pay the $150 testing fee, and schedule your testing appointment.
On the day of the exam, you should arrive at the testing center about 30 minutes early to allow time for the check-in process. After you arrive, you will be asked to sign in and provide two valid forms of government-issued ID, one of which must contain your photo. Your photograph will then be taken, and a biometric scan of your palm vein will be taken for identification and security purposes.
Before the exam begins, you will be asked to place all personal items in a locker outside the testing room, or you may be asked to leave them in your car. This includes your cell phone, calculators, books, watches, bags/backpacks, food, and jewelry.
Once the test begins, you will be allowed to take breaks. However, the timer will not be stopped during your break, so use your break time carefully.
How the Exam is Scored
Your FTCE score is determined by taking the number of questions you answered correctly (your “raw” score) and converting it to a scaled score. To pass, you will need to achieve a scaled score of at least 200. This means that you must answer at least 71% of the questions correctly.
You will receive your official score report within four weeks after testing.
Check out Mometrix's Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
How many questions are on the FTCE Professional Education exam?
There are 100 multiple-choice questions on the exam.
How long is the FTCE Professional Education exam?
The time limit for the exam is 2.5 hours.
What is the passing score for the FTCE Professional Education exam?
To pass the exam, you must achieve a minimum scaled score of 200.
How much does the FTCE Professional Education exam cost?
The examination fee is $150.