The FTCE Health K-12 exam is administered by the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) to assess prospective health educators in Florida public schools.
Check out our premium-quality FTCE test prep resources by clicking the links below!
FTCE Health K-12 Exam Outline
The FTCE Health K-12 exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions, and you will be given a time limit of 2.5 hours to complete it.
The exam is split into 16 knowledge-based competencies:
- The foundation, theories, and principles of health education (6%)
- Health education standards and health literacy (6%)
- Health education instructional practices (10%)
- Personal health behaviors and wellness (6%)
- Human anatomy and physiology (6%)
- Pathology and prevention of human diseases and disorders (6%)
- Interpersonal health (8%)
- Sexual health (9%)
- Nutrition and physical fitness (7%)
- Mental and emotional health (7%)
- Substance use, abuse, and dependency and addictive behaviors (9%)
- Violence prevention and intervention (7%)
- Consumer health-related practices and media literacy (3%)
- Community health (3%)
- Environmental health (3%)
- Unintentional injury and safety practices (4%)
Check out Mometrix's Study Guide
Get practice questions, video tutorials, and detailed study lessonsGet Your Study Guide
FTCE Health K-12 Exam Registration
To register for the exam, you must first create an FTCE/FELE account. Once your account has been created, log in and select the Health K-12 (019) exam. From there, you can register for the exam, pay the $150 testing fee, and schedule your testing appointment.
On exam day, you should arrive at the testing center about 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled testing appointment. When you arrive, you will be asked to sign in and provide two valid forms of government-issued ID. Your photograph will then be taken, and a biometric scan of your palm vein will be taken for identification and security purposes.
Before the exam begins, you will be asked to place all personal items (cell phone, keys, wallet, bags, etc.) in a locker outside the testing room, or you may be asked to leave them in your car.
When you enter the testing room, you will be given a scientific calculator, and the proctor will provide testing instructions. Once the test begins, you will be allowed to take breaks. However, the timer will not be stopped during your break, so use your break time carefully.
How the FTCE Health K-12 Exam is Scored
Your FTCE score is determined by taking your raw score, which is the number of questions you answered correctly, and converting it to a scaled score. To pass, you will need to get a minimum scaled score of 200.
You will receive your official score report within four weeks after testing.
Check out Mometrix's Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
How many questions are on the FTCE Health K-12 exam?
There are 100 multiple-choice questions on the exam.
How long is the FTCE Health K-12 exam?
The time limit for the exam is 2.5 hours.
What is the passing score for the FTCE Health K-12 exam?
To pass the exam, you must achieve a scaled score of at least 200.
How much does the FTCE Health K-12 exam cost?
The examination fee is $150.