FTCE Business Education 6-12 Practice Test
The FTCE Business Education 6-12 Exam is used by students currently in college or teachers wanting certification in this specific subject area. Prospective teachers/teachers obtain this certification to become qualified to teach business education in the state of Florida, for students in grades 6-12.
This computer-based test is 2 hours and 30 minutes in length, with 120 multiple-choice items. Questions can be in the form of direct question, sentence completion, or scenario-based.
Accommodations are available for individuals with certain conditions recognized by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and ADA Amendments Act of 2008. Prior approval is required.
What are the competencies and topics covered on the exam? What percentage of questions are there for each competency?
Competency 1: Information Technology – 15%
- Touch keyboarding techniques
- Word processing, spreadsheet, digital publishing, presentation, multimedia, and communication software
- Characteristics of networks
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Basic coding practices
- Emerging technologies
Competency 2: Business Communications – 10%
- Grammar and punctuation
- Written, verbal, and non-verbal communication
- Internal and external communication
- Formats of business documents
Competency 3: Accounting and Personal Finance – 10%
- Accounting concepts, principles, and procedures
- Financial data and statements
- Personal money management and consumer credit strategies
- Services and products provided by financial institutions
Competency 4: Business Management and Administrative Procedures – 10%
- Management theories, styles, functions, and procedures
- Business organizational structures and management responsibilities
- Human resource management principles
- Administrative office procedures
- Information technology security, privacy, & risk management policies
- Professional business behavior and effective customer service strategies
Competency 5: Entrepreneurship and Marketing – 10%
- Business ownership types
- Characteristics of entrepreneurship
- Starting and maintaining a business
- Marketing mix
Competency 6: Business Law and Ethics – 10%
- Common legal processes, procedures, and documents regarding business and technology
- Major law types
- Federal, state, district, and local courts and laws
- U.S. Government regulations on business operations
- Contract law, law of sales, and consumer law
- Ethical practices and business
Competency 7: Foundations, Teaching Methods, and Professional Development Procedures – 15%
- Professional and student publications, organizations, and current trends in business education
- Diverse learners and curriculum planning and development
- Stakeholder partnerships
- Employability skills
- Diverse student populations and lesson presentation and assessment techniques
- Instructional resource materials and tools
Competency 8: International Business – 10%
- International business relations and communication
- International business and domestic and foreign economies
- Social, cultural, and ethical factors that affect global business
- Political, legal, and economic factors that affect global business
- Financial and marketing decisions that affect global business
Competency 9: Career Development – 10%
- Transition from school to college and careers
- Emerging workplace trends, career paths, and related issues
- Career development and workplace expectations and soft skills
What is the most convenient way to register for the exam?
Online registration is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is the cost of the exam?
The cost of your initial attempt at the exam is $200. A re-take of the exam will cost $220.
What are the testing dates and locations?
This exam is offered by appointment, year-round, at various sites in the United States.
What should I do the day of the exam?
Bring two forms of original identification. One must contain your name, signature and a photo. The other can contain your name, signature, and a photo, but at a minimum, should contain your name/signature OR photo.
You will not be allowed to bring a calculator to the testing area.
Items such as books, purses, and food, are also prohibited.
What happens after I take the exam?
Right after taking the test, you will receive an unofficial report that tells you whether or not you passed.
Your official score report will be posted to your account within 4 weeks of your test date.
How do I know if I passed the exam?
A passing score is a scaled score of at least 200.
What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
You may re-take the exam 31 days after the day you failed the test.
Allow Mometrix the opportunity to help you ace this exam. With our FTCE Business Education 6-12 study guide and FTCE Business Education 6-12 flashcards, you are sure to have the confidence and knowledge necessary to achieve success.
FTCE Business Education 6-12 Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality FTCE Business Education 6-12 study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the FTCE Business Education 6-12 study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.
Mometrix Academy – Home
Provided by: Mometrix Test Preparation
Last updated: 09/17/2018