Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam
The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, also known as the HESI A2, Evolve Reach HESI, or HESI Evolve, is a comprehensive computer-based exam designed to evaluate the general knowledge, skills, and aptitude of potential nursing students. The HESI A2 is used by many nursing programs to assess students’ readiness for nursing education, which means the exam is often an admissions requirement for many programs. Be sure to check with your educational institution to ensure you are meeting all necessary criteria before registering to sit for the HESI A2.
How do I register to take the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (HESI A2)?
Registration for the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, or HESI A2, must be completed via the Evolve Elsevier website. You will need to create an account, pay the associated test fee, and choose a testing center via the Elsevier website. Available testing locations include multiple Prometric testing centers, or your own educational institution. Check with your educational institution to ensure you are choosing the best testing site for you. Additionally, requirements for taking the HESI A2 may differ based on your educational institution’s requirements. Passing scores may also differ across educational institutions. So, it is important that you check with your educational program’s administrators to ensure you are taking the necessary steps toward exam, and overall program, completion.
What fees are associated with the HESI A2?
There is a fee associated with the HESI A2; however, testing fees differ across educational institutions. Some educational institutions assess lower fees if you take the HESI A2 on-site at the college you attend. Because this may not be true for all educational institutions, make sure to check with the administrators of your educational program to ensure you are prepared to pay any associated HESI A2 testing fees.
What does the HESI Evolve cover?
The HESI A2 covers several content areas that can be administrated as separate tests, depending on the requirements of your educational program. Check with your educational program’s administrators to ensure you sit for each HESI A2 test required by your program. The bulk of the HESI A2 tests focus on basic academic knowledge, while at least one section functions as a learning and personality profile. You will be given approximately 5 hours and 15 minutes to complete the HESI A2.
The HESI A2consists of several basic content tests covering general academic subjects, including: basic mathematics, reading comprehension, grammar, general knowledge, vocabulary, biology, chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. There is an additional physics test, which may be required for certain educational programs (i.e., radiology, for example). Subsections included within the general academic subject tests are as follows:
- The HESI Math Test includes approximately 50 questions in subsections consisting of: Algebra; Basic Operations; Decimals, Fractions, and Percentages; and Proportions, Ratios, Rate, and Military Time.
- The HESI English Test consists of approximately 47 questions and includes subsections covering: Reading Comprehension; Grammar; and Vocabulary and General Knowledge.
- The HESI Biology Test consists of approximately 25 questions included in the subsections of: Cells; Cellular Respiration; Cellular Reproduction; General Knowledge; Water; Macromolecules; Metabolism; Photosynthesis; and Genetics and DNA.
- The HESI Chemistry Test consists of approximately 25 questions covering the subsections of: The Atom; Acids and Bases; Chemical Equations and Reactions; Scientific Notation, the Metric System, and Temperature; the Periodic Table; Solutions; Oxidation-Reduction Reactions; Nuclear Chemistry; and Biochemistry.
- The HESI Anatomy and Physiology Test consists of approximately 25 questions included in the subsections of: Anatomical Planes and Direction; Body Systems; Histology; and Mitosis and Meiosis.
Now that you have a better grasp of the content and structure of the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, or HESI A2, what comes next? Ensure your success on the Evolve Reach HESI A2 by using the most comprehensive test preparation materials on the market. Mometrix Test Preparation’s standardized test experts have developed everything you need in the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (HESI A2) Secrets study guide, the HESI A2 Practice Test, and the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (HESI A2) Flashcards.
The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (HESI A2) Secrets study guide and the HESI A2 Practice Test contain authentic HESI A2 exam content, along with tips on how to reduce test anxiety and recall information. The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment HESI A2 Flashcards include even more authentic HESI A2 Practice Test questions designed to help you succeed on exam day. Take the steps you need to secure your future in the health care industry by preparing for the Evolve Reach HESI A2 using Mometrix’s trusted test preparation resources.