CSET Social Science Practice Test
If you are a prospective teacher, interested in earning credentials for employment or to demonstrate your knowledge and competencies voluntarily, the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) may be beneficial for you.
The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) developed the certification exams with the following resources:
- CTC program standards
- Teacher education curricula
- California Common Core State Standards
- California curriculum frameworks
- California K-12 Student Academic Content Standards
Online CSET Social Science Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online CSET Social Science Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The CSET Social Science Course includes:
- Review Lessons Covering Every Topic
- 350+ CSET Social Science Practice Questions
- More than 600 Digital Flashcards
- Over 230 Instructional Videos
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The CSET Social Science Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their CSET Social Science exam. Click below to check it out!
How to apply for the CSET Social Science Exam
To apply for the CSET Social Science exam, visit the California Educator Credentialing Examinations website.
Below you will find the fees associated with the CSET Social Science exam.
- One subtest: $99
- All subtests (taken in one session): $297
- An additional copy of test results: $10 per copy
- Score verification for the constructed response section: $50
Please note that there is no fee to make changes to your registration. Fees can be paid using a Master or VISA credit card or a debit card with a Master or VISA logo. (Debit cards must be able to be used without a PIN number.)
How do I schedule testing?
The CSET Social Science exam is offered year-round at qualifying Pearson-Vue testing facilities.
Check Out Mometrix's CSET Social Science Study Guide
Get practice questions, video tutorials, and detailed study lessonsGet Your Study Guide
How is the CSET Social Science Exam scored?
The CSET Social Science exam is divided into 3 subtests, which are all scored separately. The passing score for each subtest is 220. Test results will be available within 7 weeks of testing, and the scores are valid for 10 years.
What topics are covered on the CSET Social Science Exam?
The CSET Social Science exam is divided into 3 separate subtests.
- World History. This section includes 35 multiple-choice questions, 1 extended response question, and 1 short response question.
- World Geography. This section consists of 4 multiple-choice questions and 1 short response question.
- U.S. History. This section includes 35 multiple-choice questions, 1 extended response question, and 1 short response question.
- U.S. Geography. This section consists of 4 multiple-choice questions and 1 short response question.
- Civics. This section consists of 18 multiple-choice questions and 1 short response question.
- Economics. This section includes 15 multiple-choice questions and 1 short response question.
- California History. This section includes 7 multiple-choice questions and 1 short response question.
How long is the CSET Social Science Exam?
If candidates want to take all 3 subtests in one session, they will have 6 hours and 15 minutes to complete the exam. Otherwise, subtests I and II are 2 hours and 15 minutes, while subtest III is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
What should I expect on test day?
Candidates can take the CSET Social Science exam at a nearby Pearson-Vue testing center. Below you will find some tips for test day.
- Please plan to arrive at your assigned testing center early. Candidates who are more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to take the test and will forfeit their testing fee and appointment.
- Bring one government-issued ID, which includes your photograph and signature. Please note that the ID must be printed in English and the name must match the name on your registration.
- Writing utensils, electronics, calculators, study materials, and personal items are not allowed in the testing area.
- Before the start of the test, the test administrator will provide you with a pen and a booklet of erasable sheets, which will be collected at the end of the exam.
- You are allowed to take bathroom breaks, but it’s considered your testing time. If you are taking all 3 subtests in one session, you will be offered a scheduled break.
Check Out Mometrix's CSET Social Science Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
How should I prepare for the CSET Social Science Exam?
The most effective study materials for the CSET Social Science exam will cover all the critical concepts on the exam, as well as provide an easy-to-understand explanation of the test format. Having a solid understanding of the information, as well as an idea of how the questions are set up will help you earn a higher score and feel more comfortable on test day.
The Mometrix CSET Social Science Study Guide includes all 3 subtests, along with secret test-taking strategies, like “face value” and “hedge phrases” that help you avoid common, but tricky answer traps.
Our test research experts have found that repetition is another powerful study method, so our Mometrix CSET Social Science Flashcards allow you to continuously study the exam on portable cards, anywhere you have free time.
We would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey to becoming a certified teacher. We are confident that with our expert study materials and your determination, you will pass with flying colors!
CSET Social Science Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality CSET Social Science study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the CSET Social Science study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.