The Certified Medical Assistant exam, or CMA exam, is a certification exam that awards certification credentials to those who pass the CMA exam. The CMA exam is credentialed through the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants, or AAMA.
The CMA requires graduation from a postsecondary medical school program.
The Certified Medical Assistant exam requires a thorough and broad understanding of health care delivery. The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions that are administered in four 40-minute segments.
The content of the Certified Medical Assistant consists of general knowledge that is required for a CMA to know such as Communication and Professionalism. You must be able to perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and understand medical business practices. You will also be tested on Clinical knowledge such as patient preparation and medical terminology.
Certified Medical Assistant Practice Questions
1.Which of the following milestones would not be expected of a 4 month old?
a. The ability to coo.
b. The ability to place objects in the mouth.
c. The ability to roll from front to back.
d. The ability to sit down without help.
2. What is the medical term for the presence of a kidney stone?
3. Which of the following is an open-ended question?
a. How did that make you feel?
b. Are you hungry?
c. Do you have any visual problems?
d. Are you a nurse?
1. D: Most 4-month-old babies cannot sit. Most babies at this age can coo, smile spontaneously, roll, put objects in their mouths, track with their eyes, and push themselves up on their elbows.
2. D: Nephrolithiasis is the presence of a kidney stone. Sialolithiasis is the presence of a salivary duct stone. Cholelithiasis is the presence of a gallbladder stone. Choledocholithiasis is the presence of a common bile duct stone. Stones may be asymptomatic and found on routine workup.
3. A: An open-ended question requires an answer with some detailed explanation or depth. A closed or a direct question only requires one word answers such as yes or no.