MTTC Elementary Education Practice Test
The Michigan Test for Teacher Certification Elementary Education test (MTTC) is required of all teacher candidates wishing to teach elementary education, grades K – 8, in the state of Michigan.
The Elementary Education test is a computer-based test (CBT) consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions. You will have three hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam. The exam is completed on a computer at a testing facility.
The test consists of six subareas with specific objectives for each subarea:
- English Language Arts and World Languages – 24% of the test; understand and apply:
- Major concepts, principles, and instructional practices in the acquisition and learning of language.
- The foundations of emergent literacy, including the development of phonological and phonemic awareness.
- The development of accurate, automatic word recognition, spelling, and fluency.
- The development of vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- The characteristics of narrative and expository texts in all forms.
- The writing process using standard conventions of English.
- The generation and expression of ideas and information through all methods of communication.
- Social Studies – 16% of the test; understand and apply:
- Historical thinking to understand the past.
- The fundamental principles and concepts of geography.
- The fundamental principles and concepts of civics and government.
- The fundamental principles and concepts of economics.
- The inquiry process in social studies, and concepts and skills associated with public discourse, decision making, and citizen involvement.
- Visual and Performing Arts – 10% of the test; understand and apply:
- The functions, elements, principles, and styles of the arts, and artistic and creative processes and products.
- Communication about and through the arts using developmentally appropriate instruction.
- Mathematics – 22% of the test; understand and apply:
- Mathematical reasoning, representation, and problem-solving.
- The historical development of mathematics.
- Number sense and concepts of number, number theory, and number systems.
- The concepts and procedures of direct and indirect measurement.
- The concepts of Euclidean geometry, algebra, and data analysis and probability.
- Science – 18% of the test; understand and apply:
- The construction of new scientific knowledge, including the role of inquiry.
- The nature of scientific knowledge and the application of analysis and reflection.
- The fundamental concepts of life science, earth/space science, and physical science.
- Health Education and Physical Education – 10% of the test; understand and apply:
- Concepts and strategies of health education.
- Concepts and strategies of physical education.
MTTC Elementary Education Practice Test
The cost of the Elementary Education exam is $129.00. Payment is made online with a credit/debit card. If you have a financial aid voucher, you will enter the information at the payment screen. Arrangements may be made for individuals without access to an electronic form of payment.
Delivery method and registration
The exam is delivered in a computer-delivered format and available throughout the state of Michigan, and select military installations within the state. You can register for the assessment online, and once your registration is complete, you’ll have a year to take the test.
You will receive an email with your testing date, time, and location after registration. Arrive at the testing facility at least 15 minutes prior to your exam start time. You will present your valid identification and provided a secure location for any personal items. Pay attention to what you cannot bring to the testing facility and ensure you leave all valuables and prohibited items at home. Once the exam has concluded, you will return all materials provided.
Exam results and scoring
Your score is based on the number of correct responses, based on a scale of 100 to 300. You need to score 220 points to pass the exam. You are not penalized for incorrect responses.
Your score is automatically reported to the institution you indicated and the Michigan Department of Education. You will be mailed your official score report, and it is your responsibility to complete the necessary paperwork for your certification.
Preparing for the Program Admission exam
You have worked hard to understand concepts, and principles necessary to be an influential teacher in the state of Michigan. Mometrix knows how much this certification means to your future and they have tirelessly researched the objectives of each subarea on the Elementary Education exam. Use their knowledge and expertise to help you in the final steps with your study plan. Mometrix’s study system includes a study guide and flashcards which help you not only understand the types of questions on the exam, but confidently conquer test day with a score that reflects your hard work and dedication.
Online MTTC Elementary Education Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online MTTC Elementary Education Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The MTTC Elementary Education Course includes:
- Review Lessons Covering All the Topics
- 450+ Inpatient Obstetric Nurse Practice Questions
- More than 1250 Electronic Flashcards
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The MTTC Elementary Education Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their Elementary Education exam; click below to check it out.
MTTC Elementary Education Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality MTTC Elementary Education study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the MTTC Elementary Education study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.