The Certified Cardiovascular Technician or CCT examination is taken by professionals who work with ECG, Holter Monitoring, and stress testing. An official certificate is given if you successfully pass this exam, enabling you to practice in these areas as a CCT.
|CCT Study Guide||CCT Flashcards|
Who is Eligible?
Those who apply to take the CCT exam must have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Fulfill one of the qualifications of the exam for which you are applying and have supporting documents to prove this.
- CCT1: Currently enrolled as a student or graduate of a cardiovascular or allied health training program
- CCT2: Currently employed or previously employed in the cardiovascular technology field or a recognized allied health field
- CCT3: Completed a graduate or undergraduate degree from an recognized institution in a field related to science or physical health
- CCT4: At least two years of volunteer service in the field of cardiovascular technology
There is an application fee of $175 USD.
Once your application has been approved you will be sent an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter. You will have a 90-day window once this is received to take the exam. Your ATT will include all instructions on how to schedule and register for a test at the time and place of your choosing.
When and Where Is It Taken?
The CCT exam can be taken at one of over 230 Pearson Professional Centers located around the country and over 3000 international locations. You will be given a full list of available locations at the time of registration.
The exam can be scheduled year-round as space is available.
CCT Practice Test
What Should I Bring?
On examination day you should make sure to arrive early. Those who show up late will not be allowed to test and will forfeit their application fees.
You will also want to bring with you two original and valid forms of ID. You will need a primary one with your full name, signature, and a recognizable photo. Your secondary ID must have your name and signature or name and a photo.
This is a computer administered exam. This means that you will not need to bring any personal items such as pencils, paper, study materials, or even calculators with you. Everything that you will need will be provided to you. All other items are not allowed in the testing area.
What Is Covered?
The CCT exam is given two hours to complete 130 multiple choice questions. 110 of these are scored and will directly correlate to your scaled score. The other 20 questions are unscored and randomly distributed throughout the exam. The purpose of these unidentified questions is to evaluate future scored questions on exams.
You will be expected to know and understand how to complete the following activities:
- Conduction Pre-Procedural Activities – 10% of exam
- Performing Resting ECG (12-Lead, 15-Lead, etc.) – 40% of exam
- Performing Stress Tests – 20% of exam
- Performing Ambulatory Monitoring (Holter, Event, Telemetry, Transtelephonic, Pacemaker, etc.) – 5% of exam
- Performing Rhythm Analysis – 25% of exam
You will also be expected to understand the following general areas of knowledge in relation to the above activities:
- Heart and its parts
- Blood Flow
- Cardiac valve function
- Relationship of cardiac output to heart rate and stroke volume
- Control mechanisms
- Cardiac cycle
- Normal values
- ECG measurement
- Einthoven’s triangle and law
- ECG calibration methods
- Bipolar, unipolar, and precordial leads
- Single-and three- channel ECG
- Troubleshooting ECGs
- Paper speed
- Lead placement
- Electrical interference
- Somatic tremor
How Is It Scored?
You will receive an unofficial score report at the testing site. This will include your pass/fail status, a total score, and a percentage of correct questions in each section.
Scores are scaled from 0 to 900. A total scaled score of 650 is needed to pass.
Passing candidates will receive an official results letter and wallet card about three weeks after completing the exam.
Mometrix has prepared a comprehensive study guide and set of flash cards to assist you with being ready to take this exam. These study materials will cover all subject matter that will be needed for the test. They will also include sample questions that are worded and formatted in the same that the actual exam will include.
This allows you to understand best what exactly will be expected of you on testing day. Don’t leave the success or failure of this test to guessing. Let Mometrix help you will your testing needs.
CCT Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free CCT test resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality CCT Study Guide and CCT Flash Cards to take your studying to the next level. Just click the CCT study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free test content for test-takers.