Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Exam Practice Test
The Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification is a credential awarded to registered nurses who pass the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification exam, demonstrating the necessary skills and competencies for entry-level positions. The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) offers the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing certification, as well as many other certifications, giving health care professionals an opportunity to advance in their careers. The ANCC certifications, which have accreditation from The National Commission for Certifying Agencies and the Accreditation for Specialty Nursing Certification, are also available for organizations interested in earning international recognition.
The Cardiac-Vascular Nursing certification exam assesses professional and practical skills related to the cardiac-vascular specialty, including diagnosis, planning, and education. Candidates who pass the exam are awarded the Registered Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC) credential, which is valid for 5 years.
Eligibility Requirements for the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification (RN-BC)
Health care professionals who are interested in taking the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification exam must:
- Have a current, active RN license in a state or territory of the United States. International candidates must have a professional, legally recognized equivalent in another country.
- Have at least 2,000 hours of clinical practice in cardiac-vascular nursing within the last 3 years.
- Have completed at least 2 years (full-time) as a registered nurse.
- Have completed at least 30 hours of continuing education in cardiac-vascular nursing within the last 3 years.
Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Exam Questions
How to apply for the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification (RN-BC)
To apply for the certification exam, visit the nursing world website and click on certifications. You will find the testing fees listed below.
- Non-member: $395
- American Nurses Association members: $295
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation member: $340
- Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association member: $340
- Society for Vascular Nursing member: $340
The fees listed above include $140 non-refundable administrative fee. Applicants have 5 business days after ANCC receives their application to claim discounts. After successful registration, applicants can schedule their test at a Prometric testing center.
How long is the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification (RN-BC) Exam?
This computer-based test is 3 hours in length, and contains 150 questions (25 questions are pretest questions that do not count towards the final score).
What topics are covered on the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification (RN-BC) Exam?
The Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification exam is divided into the following sections:
- Assessment and Diagnosis. This section makes up 25% of the exam, with 31 questions. Candidates are required to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. It also examines your skills in the following areas: patient interviews, cardiac-vascular assessment techniques, data collection, and nursing diagnosis.
- Planning, Implementation, and Outcome Evaluation. This section makes up 35% of the test, with 44 questions. Candidates are required to identify evidence-based practice guidelines, scope and standards of practice, legal and ethical considerations, procedures, surgeries, pharmacologic therapies, non-pharmacologic and complementary therapies, and risk-reduction measures. You will also be asked questions regarding your skills in care coordination and interventions.
- Education and Health Promotion. This section makes up 22% of the exam, with 28 questions. Candidates are required to demonstrate knowledge of expected outcomes and drug interactions. You will also receive questions regarding your skills in responding to adverse reactions and events, as well as urgent and emergent conditions.
- Professional Role. This section makes up 18% of the exam, with 22 questions. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of cardiac-vascular risk factors and education topics, chronic disease management, community resources, and self-management strategies. You will also see questions about the following skillsets: patient education planning and implementation, home monitoring, and health promotion.
Please note that the concepts listed above are only a portion of what is covered on the exam.
What to expect on test day
The Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification exam is available at qualifying Prometric testing facilities. On test day, you want to make sure you arrive at your testing location at least 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time. Each candidate must bring an active ID with a photograph and signature. Personal items like cell phones, electronics, study materials, and bags are not allowed in the testing area.
The Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification exam is a computer-based test, with 150 questions (25 questions are pretest questions that do not count towards the final score). Candidates have 3 hours to complete the assessment.
How to prepare for the Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification (RN-BC) Exam
At Mometrix, we understand that this certification exam is more than just a test, but an opportunity for you to demonstrate your expertise and advance your career in cardiac-vascular nursing. Our test research experts made sure to design the Mometrix study materials to help you get the results you deserve.
The Mometrix Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Study Guide is a comprehensive review that includes in-depth, easy-to-understand explanations of all the concepts found on the exam. You can look forward to using this study plan to grasp the understanding of topics like hemorrhagic stroke, sympathomimetic agents, and cardiac glycosides. Unlike traditional study materials that only cover the information, Mometrix also provides you with secret test-taking strategies that show you how to prepare for test day, answer questions more quickly and effectively, and ease your anxiety.
When you don’t have much time to set aside for studying it could put you in a dilemma. The Mometrix Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Flashcards are ideal for studying whenever and wherever you have a few minutes to spare! These portable cards, with easy-to-read language, will help you quiz yourself and have a little fun!
With your expertise and our well-researched study materials, we are confident that you will excel on test day!
Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide
Mometrix Academy is a completely free resource provided by Mometrix Test Preparation. If you find benefit from our efforts here, check out our premium quality Cardiac/Vascular Nurse study guide to take your studying to the next level. Just click the Cardiac/Vascular Nurse study guide link below. Your purchase also helps us make even more great, free content for test-takers.
Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide Customer Success StoriesOur customers love the tutorial videos from Mometrix Academy that we have incorporated into our Cardiac/Vascular Nurse test study guide. The Cardiac/Vascular Nurse study guide reviews below are examples of customer experiences.
The material in this study guide is presented clearly and comprehensively. It is a first rate review book and I highly recommend it without reservation of any kind. Indispensable help from these Mometrix people. I am very grateful to say the least.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Bruce
Excellent book. Short and to the point, great study guide. I felt totally prepared to take the exam.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Jane
Thus far I've found this material to be extremely helpful. I'll be taking my exam in a couple of weeks. What I've found most helpful is the Study steps.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Customer
I like that it isn't a lot of fluff with the material, just the down and dirty of what you need to know.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Dori
This is PACKED with essential information and (though I have not completed it yet) a practice test! I am very grateful for that. I really appreciate the quality of the book is wonderful. I have shared this with others and 2 of my co-workers have already purchased the book themselves. Also, the speed of the arrival from the time of purchase was a wonderful surprise.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Anita
All I can say is that the book is very direct and concise. Which is easy to study for anyone who hasn’t back in school for couple years. I recommend this to anyone who thinks of taking the board certification.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Michaela
This book is a must have. It is much easier to study. Everything is given with no fluff exactly what to study and the bonus questions are even more help.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Customer
I'm very impressed with the content of this book. The practice questions and answers and explanations are a great help to me studying.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Adrienne
I have found the study guide very helpful so far. The content is condensed, to the point, and easy to understand. The test taking strategies are a great bonus too.Cardiac/Vascular Nurse Study Guide – Rhonda