ASP Practice Test
The Associate Safety Professional (ASP) exam is designed to assess your fundamental safety, health, and environmental knowledge and skills as you pursue ASP certification.
Click “Start Test” below to take a free ASP practice test!
On this page:
Exam Outline Review
The ASP exam contains 200 multiple-choice questions and has a time limit of 5 hours.
The exam is split into nine domains, which are outlined below:
Check Out Mometrix's ASP Study Guide
Get practice questions, video tutorials, and detailed study lessonsGet Your Study Guide
How to Study for the ASP Exam
How to Study Effectively
Your success on ASP test day depends not only on how many hours you put into preparing but also on whether you prepared the right way. It’s good to check along the way to see whether your studying is paying off. One of the most effective ways to do this is by taking ASP practice tests to evaluate your progress. Practice tests are useful because they show exactly where you need to improve. Every time you take a free ASP exam practice test, pay special attention to these three groups of questions:
- The questions you got wrong
- The ones you had to guess on, even if you guessed right
- The ones you found difficult or slow to work through
This will show you exactly what your weak areas are and where you need to devote more study time. Ask yourself why each of these questions gave you trouble. Was it because you didn’t understand the material? Was it because you didn’t remember the vocabulary? Do you need more repetitions on this type of question to build speed and confidence? Dig into those questions and figure out how you can strengthen your weak areas as you go back to review the material.
Additionally, many ASP practice tests have a section explaining the answer choices. It can be tempting to read the explanation and think that you now have a good understanding of the concept. However, an explanation likely only covers part of the question’s broader context. Even if the explanation makes sense, go back and investigate every concept related to the question until you’re positive you have a thorough understanding.
Comprehend Each Topic
As you go along, keep in mind that the ASP practice test is just that: practice. Memorizing these questions and answers will not be very helpful on the actual test because it is unlikely to have any of the same exact questions. If you only know the right answers to the sample questions, you won’t be prepared for the real thing. Study the concepts until you understand them fully, and then you’ll be able to answer any question that shows up on the test.
Strategy for ASP Practice
When you’re ready to start taking practice tests, follow this strategy:
- Remove Limitations. Take the first test with no time constraints and with your notes and ASP study guide handy. Take your time and focus on applying the strategies you’ve learned.
- Time Yourself. Take the second practice test “open book” as well, but set a timer and practice pacing yourself to finish in time.
- Simulate Test Day. Take any other practice tests as if it were test day. Set a timer and put away your study materials. Sit at a table or desk in a quiet room, imagine yourself at the testing center, and answer questions as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Keep Practicing. Keep taking practice tests on a regular basis until you run out of practice tests or it’s time for the actual test. Your mind will be ready for the schedule and stress of test day, and you’ll be able to focus on recalling the material you’ve learned.
Check Out Mometrix's ASP Flashcards
Get complex subjects broken down into easily understandable conceptsGet Your Flashcards
How many questions are on the ASP exam?
There are 200 multiple-choice questions on the exam.
How long is the ASP exam?
The time limit for the exam is 5 hours.
How hard is the ASP exam?
This exam is known to be difficult and rigorous, with a pass rate of about 55%.
What is the passing score for the ASP exam?
To pass the exam, you will need to answer at least 61% of the questions correctly.
How much does the ASP exam cost?
The examination fee is $350, which doesn’t include the $160 application fee.