Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I submit my essay?
- Applications may be submitted prior to 12:01 PM Central Time on Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
- What is the essay about?
- In English, compose an essay consisting of 2000 characters (approximately 400 words) you tell us about what inspired you to pursue your graduate degree.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Anyone who will be considered a full-time graduate student (enrolled in at least 9 credit hours) between August 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 at an accredited graduate school/program in the United States.
- How are essays judged?
- Essays are judged by a screening committee selected by Mometrix. Our judges will determine the three (3) best essays, in order. The three (3) winners will be notified via email on or before Friday, May 29, 2020.
- How will my personal information be used?
- A minimal amount of personal information is needed to verify your submission and provide a means of contact should you become a scholarship recipient. This information is used for our records only and we will not share your personal information with any third-parties. If you are a winner, we will post a photo provided by you and a one- or two-sentence biography on our website profiling you as a winner.
- How much could I win? How will the money be delivered?
- The first place winner will receive a $700 scholarship and the second place winner will receive a $400 scholarship. The third place winner will be contacted and given the following choice of third-place prize: three-month subscription to one of our online Mometrix University courses -OR- one of our famous Secrets Study Guides and a Flashcard Study System of third-place winner’s choice. Each scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient’s college/university/school. For the third-place winner, the materials will be mailed (if necessary) to an address provided by the winner.
For more information, please view the Official Rules or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.