Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I submit my essay?
- We’ll be accepting entries from now until 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
- What is the essay about?
- In English, compose an essay consisting of 2000 characters (approximately 400 words) in which you tell us about what test preparation practices work best for you and why.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Anyone who will be a full-time student between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020 at a college or university in the United States is encouraged to apply. This usually includes everyone from current high-school seniors to college juniors.
- How are essays judged?
- Essays are judged by a screening committee selected by Mometrix. Our judges will determine the three (3) best essays, in order. The three (3) winners (and therefore also the scholarship recipients) will be notified via email on or before Friday, May 31, 2019.
- How will my personal information be used?
- A minimal amount of personal information is needed to verify your submission and provide a means of contact should you become a scholarship recipient. This information is used for our records only and we will not share your personal information with any third-parties. If you are a winner, we will post a photo provided by you and a one- or two-sentence biography on our website profiling you as a winner.
- How much could I win? How will the money be delivered?
- First place will receive a $1,000 scholarship, second place will receive a $500 scholarship, and third place will receive a $250 scholarship. Each scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient's college or university.
For more information, please view the Official Rules or send us an email at: email@example.com.