Write an essay where you tell us what test preparation practices work best for you and why.
1) Read the material: Read the chapters you are being tested on. Make brief notes highlighting primary topics and make sure to include any important definitions to essential vocabulary. Draw diagrams and pictures if necessary. This will assist your brain in the process of recollection when test-time comes.
2) Outline: Refine your rough notes into an organized outline.
3) Spaced-repetition: Make note-cards or refer to online note-card resources, like those offered by Mometrix. Spaced-repetition has been a proven to be one of the most beneficial practices for memorization of information.
4) Utilize the question banks at the end of the chapter that are available in most textbooks. These questions usually review and emphasize the most important material covered within a chapter.
5) If you come across any particularly troublesome topics that are difficult to understand. Ask you professor for help. Seek personal tutoring. Refer to online help. Programs like Mometrix and Khan Academy are priceless.
6) Get a good night's sleep prior to test-day. Stay hydrated and eat healthily. Take a deep breath and proceed with your test.
Daniel from Oregon
Arizona State University