- Includes EMT Practice Test Questions
How to Pass the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, or Paramedic Exams using our easy step-by-step EMT test study guide, without weeks and months of endless studying...
Please click here for information on our First Responder test study guide.
On a beautiful late spring afternoon, this past year, a young man received the devastating news. He had just gotten back his results on the EMT test. It was not what he had hoped for. In fact, it was not even close to his expectations.
He knew that he could never become an EMT with a test score that low.
"Why do I have to take the EMT test?" he angrily wondered.
He didn't look forward to having to tell the embarrassing news to his friends, especially after he had boasted that it was no big deal.
"What will I do now?" he thought with dismay, slowly realizing the harsh reality of his predicament and its upsetting implications on his future.
How to Solve the Problem
Unfortunately, this hypothetical situation occurs all the time. Someone thought they were going to easily breeze through the EMT test, get their certification, and then got an embarrassing reality check from their score on the EMT test.
The EMT test is quite simply a measure of your knowledge of the information covered on the exam. The National Registry uses the EMT test as a standardized measuring stick to determine who qualifies for EMT certification.
While it may not be fair, a test taker's entire future career can be completely jeopardized by that single test score.
That is the whole purpose of the EMT Exam Secrets study guide: to give test takers the keys to understand how to succeed on the EMT test.
Our EMT Test Study Guide Is Unlike Any Other
If you'd like to get the EMT test score you deserve, to quit worrying about whether your score on the EMT test is good enough, and to beat the test taking game so you can become a Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, or Paramedic, then this might be the most important message you read this year.
Our comprehensive study guide for the National Registry written certification examination is written by our test experts, who painstakingly researched the topics and the concepts that you need to know to do your best on the EMT test. Our original research into the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, or Paramedic Exams, offered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), reveals the specific content areas and the essential skills that are critical for you to know on the EMT test. We've taken the information and developed a study guide that is guaranteed to help you be successful on the EMT test.
Regardless of whether you are taking the EMR exam, EMT exam, Advanced EMT exam, or Paramedic exam, you have come to the right place. Here you will find everything you need to know in order to be successful and get your certification.
Now, we know you may be skeptical, so let us give you three good reasons we can back up what we claim:
The Three Reasons To Believe What We Say
The First Reason:
Our company's name is Mometrix Test Preparation, and we have a team of standardized test researchers who have worked on developing our study guide for the EMT test. The standards for who gets to work on the team are very strict. We demand the best for our customers, and only those who met our exacting standards made the cut. The dedicated research staff have years of combined experience in mastering the content and skills necessary to succeed on the toughest exams.
The Second Reason:
Some academic studies have revealed that test takers do not really benefit from the traditional test preparation process. But we knew there had to be a solution. If test takers were not doing well on the EMT test despite high intelligence, there had to be a set of secret keys to the test that would open the door of success for these test takers.
We believe we have succeeded in finding the secret keys of the exam. What we found was surprising, and in some cases ridiculously simple once explained to the average test taker.
We put the findings together in a thorough, concise study guide that we believe allows any test taker, at any skill level, to improve his or her results dramatically with a minimum of effort.
The Third Reason:
We created the product in part because we were frustrated by the options available to test takers who really wanted to do well on the EMT test.
A common approach is to TEACH the material, instead of TEACHING THE TEST. That's not necessarily good enough for the EMT test. You have to know how to apply the knowledge. Most test takers already have a general knowledge of the material that will be covered on the exam.
One reason some test takers do well on the day of the test is that they have made the critical connection between the material they learned and how to use the material to succeed on the EMT test.
Our guide addresses the difference between merely knowing the material and knowing how to use the material to perform on test day.
You're going to save time, money, and aggravation. You'll learn to avoid the mistakes and the bad strategies that you've been vulnerable to. Just for starters, here are some ways our product can help your score on the EMT test...
The Exclusive Test Taking Techniques
- Keys to questions that give away the wrong (or right) answers. You get credit for some of the questions just by paying attention to how the question is asked.
- Get quick, customized help for the questions you have about how to use our materials. Just send us a quick email and we'll get back to you promptly with the answer.
- Details the EXACT STUDY PLAN for the EMT test that we believe gives the most results in the least time. No matter if you're studying for a week or a month, you won't waste the precious study time you have on useless activities.
- Our researchers are more than just academic theoreticians who understand the technical nature of standardized tests, but are also experts on test taking itself. They reveal the exact skills and the information you'll need to perform under pressure during the test.
- Learn why, when, and how to guess to your advantage. Many test takers use exactly the wrong strategy, but you can avoid the pitfalls with the help of our standardized test experts.
- Includes instructions detailing the best way for you to get started with your preparation efforts so you can begin the path of improving your scores immediately.
- The most efficient and accurate method for picking the right answer. You won't be scratching your head trying to read the mind of the test question writer, but will instead know exactly what to look for to pick the best answer.
- Courteous, unlimited customer service is 100% free. If you need the product sent to a different address, lose the product, or have any other difficulty, the help you need is just a short email away, and our representatives are active 7 days a week helping customers.
- The research of our team of test experts is 100% independent and original.
- Our exclusive calibration strategy to help you never go too fast OR too slow when answering even the toughest questions.
- The 5-step process we've developed, what we call the phased approach, concerning the use of the various study aids and practice tests.
- How to structure your preparation to avoid the problem of procrastination that can kill your chances of success.
- The most important things you should take care of within 24 hours of taking the test. Make sure you've taken care of the little things in addition to studying hard.
- How to predict the right answer before you see the answer choices, and how to prevent the wrong answers from polluting your mind and tempting you into a trap designed by the test writers.
- Why answers that sound correct are often the very ones that are wrong and how to tell the difference between the right answer and the many clever-sounding traps set for you by the test writers.
- Our benchmark method for deciding which of the answer choices you should pick.
- How some of the random bits of information in a question often give away the right answer choice.
- How to milk the question for clues to the right answer even if you aren't sure what the question is asking about.
- How to avoid panicking when you don't know the answer to a question. We offer a systematic method that will serve as the lifeline you need to minimize the time wasted on the test questions that leave you stumped.
- What to do about the tough questions that you have no clue how to answer. Don't just give up, use the advice we offer to make sure you give yourself the best chance of getting the right answer.
- How to use our brainstorming method to get inside the question and reveal the hard-to-find clues and some of the subtle things you didn't realize you knew.
- Do you know what a hedge phrase is? Learn why looking for the key weasel words in the question can help identify the correct answer.
- The secret to using the contextual clues in the questions and the answer choices to make important distinctions between the right and the wrong answer choices.
- How to avoid careless mistakes by using the quick double check system. It will more than pay for itself relative to the time it will take you.
- Why extreme statements in the answer choices are dead giveaways for wrong answers. Find out how to detect the subtle differences between reasonable answers and the answers that are almost always wrong.
- Learn how to group your answer choices into families that often narrows down the pool of correct answers. This is a quick way to immediately eliminate one or two of the answer choices and increase your odds of getting the question right.
Now, you're probably wondering how and why we can do all the things we claim.
Let us explain.
Before we go any further, let us clarify what EMT Exam Secrets is not. It is not a stale rehash of all of the things you have already learned in the past.
EMT Exam Secrets is our exclusive collection of the tips and the information that we have specially selected to give you the best results on the EMT test for the least time spent studying. It's written in everyday language and is easy to use.
We cover the essential skills necessary to do well on the EMT test, plus comprehensive reviews covering all the essential test areas individually.
Don't take our word for it.
Listen to what our customers say about other Mometrix test preparation products.
I purchased the study guide, and I just wanted to let you know that I passed my test. I just want to thank you again, and hope you have continued success in your ventures.
My name is Chris. I used the study guide for five days. The study guide made the test so easy to understand. Like you said this program is worth 100's of dollars. To me 1,000's!! THANKS!
I just had to thank you guys for the test prep! I bought the guide as a last minute prep, I mean maybe 5 hours before the test. Like I said, I had ZERO preparation! I was nervous about the test let alone receiving the score I needed. I read the guide through only once before test time and needless to say, the only way I passed was thanks to your refresher!!
Just dropping you a note to let you know that I am completely satisfied with the product. I had already taken the test once and landed in the 75 percentile of those taking it with me. I took the test a second time and used some of your tips and raised my score to the 97 percentile. Thanks for my much improved score.
I heard about your website from a friend. I am enrolled in a review course, and in hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have taken my review course and instead spent a fraction of the money on your program. Thank you!
Warning: Always Look for These 6 Criteria
There is a lot of confusion surrounding studying for the EMT test, and standardized tests in general. In our opinion, these are the 6 criteria you should always look for in a study guide for the EMT test:
One: The guide must be written by writers who have painstakingly researched the topics and concepts needed to succeed on the EMT test. The blind cannot hope to lead the blind.
Two: The guide must be written in easy-to-use everyday language so all test takers can access the information.
Three: The guide must be to-the-point, with no fluff to distract the test taker from the truly important information.
Four: The guide must address the test first, the material second. If the material was the only thing that was important, then every test taker that understood the material should get a perfect score. That doesn't happen because there's a difference between simply knowing what's on the test and the way you perform on the test. You want a study guide to close that gap.
Five: The guide must motivate the test taker to actually study for the exam. If the guide is hard to read, the time spent studying will be slow and painful, and the results will be meager.
Six: The guide must be guaranteed. If you don't pass with flying colors, you get your money back, no questions asked.
You get at least 10 times your money's worth!
When you consider what's at stake with the exam, we believe the value of our study guide gives you at least ten times your money's worth.
In summary, here's what you get:
When you buy EMT Exam Secrets, it includes:
The 5 Secret Keys to EMT Exam Success:
- Plan Big, Study Small
- Make Your Studying Count
- Practice the Right Way
- Pace Yourself
- Have a Plan for Guessing
The comprehensive General Strategy review including:
- Read Carefully
- Contextual Clues
- Hedge Words
- Switchback Words
- Face Value
- Answer Selection
- Eliminate Answers
- Avoid Fact Traps
- Extreme Statements
- Predict the Answer
- Tough Questions
- Check Your Work
- Pace Yourself
- Don’t Rush
- Keep Moving
The Top Keys to Taking the Examination:
- Test Taking Tips
- Things Not to Forget
- Warnings to Remember
Comprehensive sections including:
- Prevention of Response-Related Injuries
- Backboards and Cervical Collars
- Special Interview Situations
- Conditions for Consent
- Assessment of Oxygenation
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Taking a History of Sensitive Topics
- Decontaminating an Ambulance
- Hypertensive Crisis
- Spinal Injuries and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Blast Injuries
- Complications of Pregnancy and Labor
- Pediatric Considerations
- Hand Hygiene and Gloves
- Patient Refusal of Medical Care
- Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
- Assessment of Psychiatric Patients
- Ethanol (Alcohol) Abuse and Withdrawal
- Heimlich Maneuver
- Chest Wounds
- Brain and Cervical Spine Injuries
- Elder Abuse
- Air Medical Transport
- Treating Terrorists and Criminals
A complete set of EMT Practice Test Questions
plus all of the other special tips and secrets we have included to help you prepare for the exam.
Receive the Following Bonuses
Since we know it's 100% to your benefit to use our study guide, we want to further encourage you by also including the following with your order:
- Bonus One
EMT Practice Test Questions: Think you're ready for the EMT test? Test yourself using our practice test questions. Find out if you're prepared or if you need to head back to the study guide for another review. Use our practice test questions to make sure that you're not caught off guard on the day of the test!
Our EMT practice test questions give you the opportunity to test your knowledge on a set of questions. You can know everything that is going to be covered on the test and it will not do you any good on the day of the test if you have not had a chance to practice. Repetition is the key to success and using the practice test questions allows you to reinforce the strengths you already have, while improving the weaknesses that you need to overcome.
- Bonus Two
Study Skills: The way to get the test score that you deserve is by proper preparation. The best preparation includes both knowing what to study and how to study. Our EMT Exam Secrets study guide will teach you what you need to know, but our Study Skills bonus will show you HOW to use the information to be successful on the EMT test. The ability to learn faster will accelerate the progress you make as you study for the test. Here is some of what is included in the bonus:
- Starting off right by having the proper mindset and intensity
- Designing the right plan and the right schedule to help you stay focused
- Creating the right goals that will help you target the success you deserve on the test
- Working through your preparation plan as you study
- Recognizing the difference between effective and ineffective studying
- Understanding how to use the resources you have available and identifying the key information you need to succeed
- Being prepared for the unexpected and staying focused on the day of the exam
Study Skills teaches you everything you need to know about studying, so that you can maximize the effectiveness of the time you spend in preparation; the techniques provided are guaranteed to get you the results you deserve on the day of the test. Study Skills is the most in-depth, comprehensive study manual available and is completely free with the purchase of EMT Exam Secrets.
- Bonus Three
How to Overcome Test Anxiety: Do you get really nervous the day before important tests? If so, you could be suffering from a mild form of what's known as test anxiety. The report we include gives you some of the latest important research into test anxiety, including our exclusive tips on how to make the test-taking experience as stress-free as possible while maximizing the score potential you have.
- Bonus Four
Handling Difficult Patients: Every medical professional will eventually get a difficult patient on their list of responsibilities. These patients can be mentally, physically, and emotionally combative in many different environments. Consequently, care of these patients should be conducted in a manner for personal and self-protection of the medical professional. We provide you with a list of guidelines to use when handling these difficult patients.
- Bonus Five
Standard Precautions: Standard precautions are the precautions taken to avoid contracting various diseases and to prevent the spread of disease to those who have compromised immunity. These standard precautions are needed since many diseases do not display signs or symptoms in their early stages and should be used with all patients. Make sure you are up to date on all of these precautions which could help protect you against diseases such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), and hepatitis B (HBV).
- Bonus Six
Basic Review of Types of Fractures: Could you tell the difference between a traumatic fracture and a fissured fracture? How about a greenstick fracture? Use our exclusive review of the different type of fractures to refresh your memory and give you everything you ever wanted to know about fractures.
- Bonus Seven
High Frequency Medical Terminology: This includes our exclusive collection of medical terminology definitions and abbreviations that frequently appear on the EMT test, along with an in-depth review of the prefixes, suffixes, and root words that make up most of our modern medical vocabulary: even if you don't recognize a word, you'll be equipped to decipher its meaning. Use our list of high frequency terms to help focus your study time so you won't get caught off-guard with terminology you may not have thought about reviewing.
- Bonus Eight
CPR Review/Cheat Sheet: Do you know the rate or the depth of compression for an infant? Use our quick review/cheat sheet to make sure that you don't forget the critical CPR information that you might need to know sooner than you think. Every professional in the medical field needs to know CPR. Reduce study time by using our CPR Review guide and increase your level of preparation for the medical emergencies you may have to face.
By the way, the bonuses are yours to keep even in the unlikely event you decide to take advantage of our ironclad money-back guarantee:
You can't lose with our 100%,
ironclad, moneyback guarantee
We insist that you order EMT Exam Secrets entirely at our risk. That's why when you order from this site it comes with a Risk-Free, 1-year 100% Money-Back Guarantee. There's absolutely NO RISK on your part. Why are we going to such great lengths?
Even though we are absolutely confident in the quality of our study manual and its ability to help you get the results you deserve, we want to completely eliminate the possibility of any remaining doubts or concerns.
So go ahead and order your copy of EMT Exam Secrets today. Take the time to read it, use it, and profit from it. If you use any one of our secrets, and somehow fail to recoup your small investment in the form of the test result you want, send us an email at email@example.com to arrange a 100% refund of the product price.
Now let us take the guarantee one step further. If you don't like this exclusive book for ANY reason, you can return it for a 100% refund of the product price. And remember, this is a 1 year guarantee. You're free to return it at any time, for any reason, up to one year after the purchase date, no hassle, no questions asked.
We understand that it may be hard for you to believe that this sort of information really exists, something that is unconditionally guaranteed to work or your money back and is being offered at such a low price. If you don't mind, let us speak from the heart and we'll let you in on one of our main motivations:
We're sick and tired of good people losing opportunities because of the score they get on a test.
A good test score opens doors, and when the door doesn't open, dreams and ambitions die, and we think that's a horrible thing.
If you think there's even the smallest chance that this material will help you, you owe it to yourself to try out our product. Don't let fear or doubt stand in the way of what could be the best opportunity you have to achieve the test score you need to fulfill the dream you deserve.
What we're saying is, don't decide now if the product is for you. Just get it and try it out. If it doesn't do everything we say and more, if you don't save time, money, and frustration, if it isn't what you thought it was, if it doesn't work for you, you have nothing to worry about when you order from this site because you can get every dime of your money back under the no-loopholes guarantee. So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Get the EMT Exam Secrets Study Guide
Here's how to order right now!
EMT Exam Secrets can be ordered directly from this site. A printed copy will typically ship within one business day from our shipping facility.
Or, if you prefer, you can order the study guide as an online ebook. It doesn't require any special software. If you can read this web page, you have all you need to start using and applying EMT Exam Secrets in just five minutes. You don't have to wait for anything to come in the mail. Get EMT Exam Secrets immediately!
Both versions are the same price and contain the same information. If you need instant access and can view the book online, order the ebook. If you would prefer the physical book and can wait for the product to arrive in the mail, order the printed book.
It's easy to order your copy of EMT Exam Secrets. These comprehensive packages retail for
$72.99 or more, but are available to you today starting at the incredibly low price of $39.99. Just click one of the links below.
|Click here to order a Printed Book||Click here to order an Instant Access Ebook|
|EMR First Responder Exam Secrets (printed book)||EMR First Responder Exam Secrets (ebook access)|
|EMR First Responder Exam was formerly the ECA Exam or First Responder Exam.|
|EMT Exam Review Secrets Study Guide [3rd Edition Prep] (printed book)||EMT Exam Review Secrets Study Guide [3rd Edition Prep] (ebook access)|
|EMT Exam was formerly the EMT Basic Exam.|
|Paramedic Exam Secrets (printed book)||Paramedic Exam Secrets (ebook access)|
|Paramedic Exam was formerly the EMT Paramedic Exam.|
|Advanced EMT Exam Secrets (printed book)||Advanced EMT Exam Secrets (ebook access)|
|Advanced EMT Exam was formerly the EMT Intermediate 1985 Exam.|
|EMT Intermediate 99 Exam Secrets (printed book)||EMT Intermediate 99 Exam Secrets (ebook access)|
By Jay Willis
This Page Last Updated: 07/12/2021